200hr Yoga Teacher Training
Time & Location
About The Event
atha yoga anushasanam
“Now, the practice of yoga begins” – First Sutra of Patanjali
Atha means now, and that is fundamentally one of the deepest insights of spiritual practice: To bring us very deeply into the present moment. Atha is this kind of call of action for us to wake up now. It can be a mantra for daily living that moves off the mat and into our lives, bringing us back to what’s happening now.
This Yoga Teacher Training aims to provide a detailed foundation to Yoga, taking from the ancient teachings of Hatha, Ayurveda, Tantra, and Raja Yoga, and adapting it to suit our modern lives. Whether you choose to teach, or not, the course will not only deepen your practice and knowledge of yogic life but allow for a journey to further understanding of yourself.
Our highest intention is to offer a yoga teacher training program that allows our students to reach their fullest potential, in both the study and practice of yoga and self.
We pledge to always deliver superior training and service
to the students and graduates.
We feel it is our responsibility to share our knowledge through the provision of teacher role modeling, adherence to ethical standards, the curriculum objectives and standards of the International Yoga Alliance for registered yoga schools.
We are a diverse faculty committed to building an honest and supportive culture in which everyone is treated with warmth, dignity and respect.
Teacher Training Program Goals
- To provide a comprehensive 200hour Yoga Teacher Certification to participants who seek to teach yoga to individuals in private or group settings.
- To provide ongoing structured and unstructured support to participants leading to certification.
- To certify participants under the educational standards set forth by Yoga Alliance for approved registered yoga schools.
Approaches to Learning
By exploring the many avenues through which students learn postures in the asana class, teacher training participants will be guided through a multitude of lectures, discussions, reading assignments, writing assignments, posture exploration, teach back demonstration exercises, posture sequencing, class development, meditation and personal reflection.
In addition, this program will:
- Provide creative educational tools that aid participants in acquiring teaching skills.
- Provide creative educational research projects that aid participants in understanding the many physical and psychological challenges students may bring to the asana class.
- Provide ongoing feedback to help participants build appropriate teaching language.
- Provide ongoing feedback for the appropriate use of “touch” and “alignment.”
- Provide ongoing feedback for the appropriate use of “touch during alignment.”
- Provide for frequent class demonstrations by students, that will aid in the reduction of anxiety associated with speaking in front of audiences.
- Provide creative educational tools that aid the student in building competence and confidence necessary for a quality yoga teacher.
- At the end of training, participants will have learned skills to:
- Plan and write an Asana class sequence
- Teach a 60-90 minute Asana class
- Teach a basic Pranayama class
- Teach a basic 60 minute Meditation class
- Describe one model for forming a home meditation group
- Teach a Partner Yoga class
- Teach a Restorative Yoga class
- Teach a Gentle Yoga class
- Teach a Prenatal Yoga class
- Teach a Chair Yoga class
- Use language appropriate for a Yoga and Meditation class
Curriculum Course Requirements
- Yoga Asana Techniques - 110 hours
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology - 25 hours
- Yoga Philosophy, Ethics & Yogic Lifestyle – 25 hours
- Yoga Teaching Methodology - 30 hours
- Student Practicum Teaching – 10 hours
- Throughout the course: Student Personal Practice Log – (non-contact) 25 hours
For more information please see the course details in the 200hr_Syllabus.pdf.
For the 9-week intensive 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training, students will attend classes on a part-time basis, two full days and two evenings per week. Below are the class hours and a sample daily schedule:
Friday and Wednesday: 6pm – 9pm (3-hour evening training)
Saturday and Sunday: 8am – 6pm (10-hour per day training)
Pranayama & Meditation (1 hour)
Asana (75 minutes)
Mid-Morning Break (30min)
Lunch (1 hour)
Asana – Restorative (1 hour)
Meditation (20 min)
$3,150 Early Bird (non- refundable deposit of $450 or full payment by 7th June 2018)
$3,330 Full Price (non- refundable deposit of $450 or full payment before course commences)
Our Teacher Training is an authentic offering of our unique and talented instructors. To keep the course as personal as possible, spots are extremely limited. We offer this teacher training to maximum of 15 people. Secure your place by a deposit of $450 or full payment
Payments can be made in-person or via Bank Transfer, Visa, online at www.shakesyoga.com by PayPal and Square.
Sign up before Thursday, 07th June 2018 or on the information sessions for discounted price of $3,150 via deposit of $450 or full payment. Thereafter, total course fee of $3,330 apply. Full payment must be received before course commences. Surcharges on credit card payments apply (2-3%).
Total course fee can be paid in rates as follows:
1. Rate: Non- refundable deposit of $450 by Thursday 7th June 2018
2. Rate: Payment of $1,000 by 30th June 2018
3. Rate: Payment of $1,000 by 9th July 2018
4. Rate: Payment of $883 by 6th August 2018
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to pay the course fee in rates.
We understand that life can offer a series of challenges; any participant who wishes to resign from the training program must do so in writing to the Program Director. If a letter is not received in writing before you resign from the program you will forfeit any refund amounts. (Email will also be accepted)
Due to the limited spaces available in our trainings, if a participant needs to withdraw from the course, the refund policy is as follows:
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- Withdrawal prior to 2 weeks before commencement of the registered course: 10% of the course fee is non-refundable along with the $450 deposit.
- Withdrawal within 2 weeks of course commencement: 50% of the course fee is non-refundable along with the $450 deposit.
- Resignation thereafter will be dealt with on a case by case basis with program director. Thank you for your understanding.
For booking or enquiries, contact us via our contact form or at email@example.com
- Early Bird$3,150$3,1500$0
- Full Price$3,330$3,3300$0