Teacher Training Courses
Shakes Yoga traveling educators, offers a range of yoga teacher training courses both part-time, full-time and even one-on-one. These courses are for those wishing to begin their yoga teaching journey, or deepen their own practice and powerfully transform their lives, also for qualified teachers who would like to expand their offerings and knowledge.
A culmination of over 10 years experience teaching yoga in a diverse range of styles and settings. Donald is delighted to be offering Teacher Training Courses in:
Specialising in building the confidence to teach, all courses emphasise a focus on practical teaching. Courses on offer range from 30hours - 500hours and are all registered with Yoga Alliance.org
Shakes Yoga is a travelling Yoga School offering Teacher Training Courses Australia wide. Donald’s passion is to make yoga accessible to people from all walks of life, and bring yoga to rural areas that may not have access to yoga education.
If you have an enquiry or would like to request a course in your area please get in touch with us here.
30hr CHAIR YOGA
Summer 2023 - Sunshine Coast Queensland
Dates and location to be announced.
Are you a yoga teacher and would like to expand your offerings to reach a broader community? or discover more personalised ways to work with your current clients? They may be experiencing & recovering from injury or illness. Chair Yoga is a wonderful tool to add to your toolkit. Create real change in the lives of those who can benefit profoundly.
Donald Shakes has been teaching for over 15 years and began part of his yogic journey with chair yoga while recovering from a serious injury, he knows first-hand the potential of the practice. Donald, Lead Trainer and Program Manager have Chair Yoga as part of the 200-hr school curriculum, we are extremely passionate about making yoga accessible and beneficial for everybody.
- Time is TBDLocation is TBDTime is TBDLocation is TBDExplore the Courage to Teach, SHAKE UP YOUR TEACHING with PRACTICE AND PURPOSE. This course gives teachers an understanding of elements to be successful teacher and gain insight into their strengths and weaknesses to become teachers with the confidence to teach yoga with purpose.
- Sat, 14 JanMaroochydore14 Jan 2023, 6:00 am AEST – 19 Mar 2023, 2:00 pm AESTMaroochydore, Cotton Tree, Maroochydore QLD 4558, AustraliaTurn into yourself and experience the world of yoga in a full-time or part-time 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training held in Cotton Tree, Maroochydore, Alex Heads & Mooloolaba(Fri/Sat/Sun only). This is the foundational course to becoming an accredited Yoga Alliance teacher through Shakes Yoga.
- Wed, 02 NovShakes Yoga Maroochydore02 Nov 2022, 12:30 pm AEST – 08 Nov 2022, 9:03 am AESTShakes Yoga Maroochydore, Maroochydore QLD 4558, AustraliaIn Chair Yoga, the traditional yoga poses are adapted to the chair with modifications to suit all body types. This means there is no getting up and down from the floor, so wherever you are in terms of mobility, you can always participate. Breathing and meditation techniques are also taught.
- Sat, 01 OctMaroochydore01 Oct 2022, 7:00 pm AEST – 04 Dec 2022, 1:00 pm AESTMaroochydore, Cotton Tree, Maroochydore QLD 4558, AustraliaTurn into yourself and experience the world of yoga in a full-time or part-time 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training held in Cotton Tree, Maroochydore, Alex Heads & Mooloolaba(Fri/Sat/Sun only). This is the foundational course to becoming an accredited Yoga Alliance teacher through Shakes Yoga.
Don did an exceptional job of accommodating everyone and our busy schedules and we certainly got all of our contact hours. We managed to teach and work with bodies of all types and had plenty of opportunities to practice teaching to beginners as well as local sporting groups. Don taught us meditation techniques in addition to yoga fundamentals and teaching techniques including chair yoga, pre natal, restorative and yoga nidra which was confronting & awkward at first but once we found our own unique way to relate and express through words it was really interesting and gave an insight into the teacher. Thanks Don for an awesome experience and for doing anything and everything you could to help us all get through it, you went above and beyond, THANKS...
- Clinton Smith, 200hr YTT 2018