CHAIR YOGA :- Workshop Basics With Donald Shakes
Time & Location
About The Event
Meet Donald Shakes, who has been teaching for over 10 years and began his yogic journey with chair yoga while recovering from an injury. Donald is a Yoga Teacher Trainer, where Chair Yoga is part of his school curriculum, as he is
passionate about making yoga accessible and beneficial for everybody. In Chair Yoga, the traditional yoga poses are
adapted to the chair with modifications to suit all body types. This means there is no getting up and down from the floor, so wherever you are in terms of mobility, you can always participate. Breathing and meditation techniques are also taught to support well-being and promote deep relaxation.
Perhaps you are experiencing age, weight, balance, mobility or flexibility challenges. Those who may be experiencing and recovering from injury, or are living with a disability, stroke, cancer, osteoporosis, scoliosis, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, diabetes or Fibromyalgia will benefit profoundly. Chair yoga provides a platform to build strength, flexibility, mental clarity and peace of mind.
- Everybody welcome! From beginners to intermediate, as well as the seasoned practitioner.
- This workshop is suitable for all levels of practice.
- Recovering Injuries, Prenatal & Postnatal welcome.
- Class starts promptly at 12:30 pm - Be there 15 minutes before.
- Chairs & props provided. All you need to bring is a big smile!
This workshop meets the YACEP® Course criteria with 3 hours towards Continuing Education Requirements (CEC) 3